Friday, February 15, 2008

V-Day came... V-Day went...

As the whole world knows, yesterday was V-Day. And no, me and Hootie didn't do anything special, we just sat in front of tellie watching American Idol and TARA 2 (an evening well spent, i think). Call me cold and insensitive, but I don't believe in celebrating V-Day, let it be for religious and commercial justifications.

I mean, shouldn't we be celebrating our love everyday? Shouldn't we appreciate our love ones everyday? If we want to be cute and buy presents for our love ones, we should just pop down the shop and buy it, regardless of what day it is!

Furthermore, V-Day has been so commercialize that the shops decides to triple the prices of everything that has already been tripled in the first place. 1 stem of rose costs RM10. This is what I called daylight robbery! The restaurants charges an arm and a leg for something that I eat for less than that during non-V-Days. Not to mention the spas!!! It is truely a mega conspiracy to rip off "broken" people like me...

OK, OK, I get it... I can make my own gifts, cook a nice romantic dinner, prepare hot bath etc. etc. which would not costs me much... but like I said, I do these things as and when I feel like being cute...

P/S: A few years back, "R" took me out for Valentine's Dinner, to which I told him not to do it again (Well, he had prepaid for the dinner, hence I agree to go... Waste not, want not...). Have to say, the feeling was good but I felt and still feel RM400 for a 3 course dinner is a bit too much... Still kept the picture though, for old time sake...

I hope you know, I hope you know
That this has nothing to do with you
It's personal, myself and I
We've got some straightening out to do
And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket
But I've got to get a move on with my life
It's time to be a big girl now
And big girls don't cry

1 comment:

PrettySweetBoy said...

I guess that’s like a bonus for us after everyone else was dumb enough to pay full price just for one day. It’s like a trade off…they get one day to indulge each others affection for all to see and, for putting up with that, we get the cheaper chocolate, since we don’t have to buy it on the magical day.

Do I sound cynical? Nah! There’s room for all of us! I welcome everyone regardless of race, sexuality or chocolate candy fetish to find whatever makes them happy in love, lust and the pursuit of a good chocolate. Have a great day!