Wednesday, February 13, 2008

How does one express one self?

Lately, things aren't going really well for myself. Too much anger and disappoinment in life. I tried to persevere and remember the 90/10 rule (refer to earlier posting on this) but hell, how does one contained one's anger and disappointment. There will come a point where one will sure to explode!!!

As a muslim, I've been thought to take all the "shitty" things in life as a challenge, a way for God to test It's humble being. But it is easier said than done. I used to be the sort of person that gets upset easily and will always find ways to get even. But over the years, and with the help from my Big Brother, I've mellowed down and manage to contain my anger to a degree where instead of blurting it out, I write down my dissatisfaction. I find writing is a better way of expressing myself. I talk a lot and I have no problem expressing myself verbally but the after effect is different. With writing, I can avoid being physical. And by the time I see the actual person I'm angry at, the anger will disappear (most of the time that is!). But that doesn't mean I'll forgive and forget. I might forgive but never forget (sounds like one of the Dixie Chicks songs ain't it?).

Need anger management courses...

1 comment:

PrettySweetBoy said...

Staying true to yourself and being confident enough to go against the grain when necessary and to stand up for and act on the things that are most important in life is a good start on the path to life happiness and fulfillment.