Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I FINALLY DID IT!!!

Well, it has been a while since I updated my blog. I know, I know, I did say that I'll update my blog daily but due to some unforeseen circumstances, I've been rather tied up with work and more work. But I do try to have some "me" time each day so as to keep my sanity in-check.

And, due to some unforeseen circumstances again, I had to let go of my career. I've decided to quit my job and pursue something else. For the record, I had no choice but to resign. It's either my desk job or running TheCompany. Yes people, I've decided to take up the challenges of becoming an entrepreneur.

After considering and talking to quite a number of people, I've decided to jump ship. Have to say, this is probably the most drastic action i've taken in my entire life (getting married doesn't count, kay!).

I do have some reservation and still having the same reservation even after I decided to extend my "love" letter to the head of dept. Can't help thinking, what if it doesn't work out? I mean, it's ok if it just involves me. But, like I said, I would love to have kids but if financially things are not working out, I have to reconsider this plan. (I'm beginning to think that I am destined to take care of other people's kids rather than having my own... I have a husband who doesn't want kids and I can't have any kids out of wedlock either!). And I still have financial commitments to meet. And how about my parents' reaction? My mother, who's old school by the way, will definitely flip and will definitely say I'm more stupid than she thinks I am!

In three months time, I'll be in a world where financial stability is no longer there. Scary as it might sound, I guess I just have to put on a brave smile and face the musis. So, Hootie, when you get better and read this, I really hope that this will dawn on you and I am making this sacrifce for you! I can be selfish and follow my mother's advice so as to let TheCompany fall but I guess some things are worth saving.

4 comments:

PrettySweetBoy said...

Sweetie Pie ...

Best of Luck !!!!

Anonymous said...

hey zed...
e'one will always be behind u,im sure...u can count me in..!!!insyallah, the company will run smoothly..amin...
good luck n im sure u can do it!!!

kuchai said...

no worries dear..insyallah its gonna be fruitful....we will always be with u!

TTB said...

sorry i've been lagging behind in reading posts. Sometimes risk taking is necessary. Hey! You go gal! You can do it!