Monday, July 14, 2008

Cervical spond-what?

Have you guys ever tried multi-tasking? Man, it's tiring. And that is exactly what I am currently facing. I have to do several jobs at one go. Keep my day job and at the same time run Hootie's business, visit Hootie at the hospital, attend to my father's "unreasonable" requests and keeping my self sane at the same time.


BTW, I've been diagnose with having cervical spondylosis (check out http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068700/ for further details on this). Yep, it is rather mouthfull. But in layman's term, I'm aging gracefully. It all started last Tuesday (8 July 2008) when my fingers suddenly became numb. A very close collleague of mind gave me a good massage and suggested that I go see the doctor. So, I decided to follow his advice and had an X-Ray done the next day. And surprise, surprise, the whole reason I'm feeling the numbness in my hands and fingers was due to the fact that my cervical spine (ie the bones at your neck) is slightly out of place, thus pressing the nerves around that area. There are no medicine for this. I have to start seeing a chiropractor and just be very careful with myself, ie not to fall, do not carry heavy stuff, stop lugging my big, heavy handbags and everything else that could hurt me more. I also have to make sure that my posture is right.
OK, so it is not as severe as what Hootie is facing but I do feel uncomfortable. Sleeping at night is a hassle since I lying on my back is the only position that doesn't hurt my neck. I tried one of those conturing pillows, but it makes my pain worst. As for now, I just have to be extra careful and not hurt myself further.
Again, to all friends out there, thanks for taking good care of me.

4 comments:

PrettySweetBoy said...

Zed !!!

Jaga diri ok !!!

Unknown said...

babe, i hope you will weather through all these issues with that great big smile of yours! keep going strong ok?
ps - bukan dulu you selalu gi chiro ke? seem to recall someone dragging me there always :P

Anonymous said...

ola zed..take care of urself will ya..dun exert urself pretty pls..awak 2 da la kecik cenonet..handbag TODS 2 pon kene kurangkan muatan..da mcm bag doraemon da,mane x skt bakang..huhuhuhu...

online bingo said...

Hi,

This is nice story.and always be strong and expert in your field..
you can enjoy the playing gaming in online.
Golden Hat Bingo is another new bingo game that is all set a brand new look which is brought you by Online UK bingo site. A guaranteed £2,500 is all set to be won on a Full House at 6 pm and a huge 4000 for the full house at 10:30 pm every day starting from this day. This gives you a lot more to bet for and lots of prizes to grab at as well. This particular play bingo promotion is usually brimming with participants and winner and is well-loved. So much to play for, you need not wait any longer, just play along and win.