Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Riding in the Rain

Hmmm... was on leave last Friday, hence a long weekend for moi. It was a much needed rest. But as usual, work piles up (how can work piles up so much over one day?) and spent the whole day clearing inbox, in-tray and other nick-nacks in the office.

Managed to read some of my friends blogs and the hot topic at the mo seems to be work rant. I mean, I can totally relate when some of my friends are complaining about work. It seems like the Bosses are united in making "execkulis's" (like moi) life a living hell. Take last week for instance, I nearly fell sick because I had to ride a motorbike in order to deliver a document before the deadline. It has been raining lately and driving around KL when it rains is NOT an option (unless one enjoys being stuck in flash floods and massive traffic jam). My boss knew damn well that the document has to be in the hands of the client by 5pm but still decided to change a few things at the very last minute. She finally signed the damn thing at 4pm and I have to rush out to deliver it. Almost had a heart attack when I saw the massive jam outside office. But in the spirit of not letting the client down and to save the Boss's "water face", I borrowed the Office Boys's motorbike and rode it all the way to the client's place. It's not far and I can actually walk, but it was faster to just ride (and also, thinking that the rain has subsided, so what the heck!). In less than 10 minutes I was there. After passing and explaining the necessary to the client, I rode back. And of course, Murphy's Law applied, it just had to rain while I was riding back. And I was so near office!!! Feeling upset, I instantly applied for leave. Luckily, the Boss approved it.

Today, the work load is not so bad, but I am willing to bet any money that it will be hell soon as the IB team has landed a job for me to execute and 2 IPOs coming. So, I guess I need to stock up on my midnight oil.

2 comments:

Shopaholic_Sinful said...

believe it or not.. me still doing my works... .sighhh.. penat laa u know.. hate it

TTB said...

OMG Zed, you can ride a bike? Honestly, I might not go that far for my boss... yes, bumped into shopaholic the other day at the lift on our way back, geezz... shopaholic looking half-dead. Take care guys. My busy days over, taking a break before the next havoc.