Monday, April 14, 2008

Regrets

Do you ever have days where you wake up and thought "why is my life the way it is?" "Is there something that I am doing wrong?" "Is there anything I should have done or shouldn't do, so much so that I am stuck with what I have?"

Yes, people, I have regrets. And sadly, of late, I kept thinking of my regrets. When I was younger, I never stopped to think about my actions. My alter ego always gets the best of me. Fed up of my audit work, I looked for a new job. Tired of certain friends/group of people, I just stopped seeing them. Men giving me headache, dumped them.

I am not regretting about moving job. It was probably the best decision that I made so far. My regrets are of losing friends and love ones. If only I took a step back and not be soooooo arrogant and stubborn, I could have save a few friendships along the way. Maybe I would not feel so melancholic.

Well, as they say, it is now bridge under the water. But how do one deal with regrets? Forget it? Act on it? Talk about it until one gets tired and eventually forget about it? Make up for it? Sometimes I wish that there is such thing as "Total Recall". Or the Haitian guy from Heroes exist so that I can erase certain memories.

Living in regret hurts but I guess it is what makes me a person.

1 comment:

PrettySweetBoy said...

Zed ...

WOW!!! This post really, really (yes, two really’s!!) touched me way down deep. I feel this way too.