Thursday, January 24, 2008

If Only...

The Govt declared yesterday as a public holiday for the citizens of KL and Putrajaya. Note to self: must clean house. But as usual, ended up doing totally different things. Ok la, manage to do a bit of ironing (if you call 2 hours of ironing a bit) and manage to organize clothes in cupboard. And of course, watched TV and played PSP until the cows come home. As the day draws to an end (and reality kicks in that I have to work the next day) I suddenly remembered my so called discussion with my officemates on daily routines and how I should changed and spiced up my life a bit.

Side track: I always look forward to lunches with my few merry officemates. We blather about almost everything under the sun, from day to day stuff up to imaginary stuff...

Not that I'm ungrateful with what I have today but of late I'm wishing my life was some what different. Went through a lot the last couple of years but alhamdulliah, manage to find myself in time, thanks to my wonderful and ever helpful friends. (Honestly, wouldn't know where I'd be without you guys...). If only I had more money, if only I could afford a new cribb, if only I had the extra cash to pick up diving... If only... If only... Of late, my thoughts are filled with "IF ONLY"... A dear friend got married recently and can't help feeling jealous for the bride. I've known this friend of mine for about 10 years and he's a very lovely person, not so romantic but very responsible and will always go out of his way to help friends (knight in shining armour less the romantic side of things).. Can't help thinking that the girl is set out for life... And can't help talking about it to one of my dearest friend too.... After being a shoulder to cry on, he said that I shouldn't think too much about it... It is easier said than done, but maybe changing my routines and habits might help... Hence, the IF ONLY thoughts...

People say you shouldn't dwell on your past or have regrets over what you've done...Things happen for a reason and God the Almighty knows what he's doing... I guess, at the end of the day, we should have faith and pray that God shows us the silver lining behind the clouds...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nicely put zed :)- farid

PrettySweetBoy said...

Life is a stage, so project the real persona, the true self into that part. Life is also an adventure where we're all learning something. Could be a Truth or it could be something about ourselves. I am a strong believer that life does not end with physical death, that it continues. We can't possibly learn everything in one lifetime. Reincarnation would explain why people have certain "gifts" or talents. It could be music or art or some other endevour, something they have learned over successive lives. The whole nature of existance is "cyclical." But what do I know about life! There is so much more to experience under the surface, and we're just scratching the very top. There is so much wonder and Mystery! Enjoy the adventure. Play your part well.