Friday, March 28, 2008

Me and Murphy's Law

I am one of those few privilege ones that always get tested by God. However, God is great. No matter how sticky a situation gets, God the Almighty will turn things around.

Ever been in a "Murphy's Law" situation? Ever been in a situation where you know that things can go wrong and eventually go wrong? I have been in such situations many, many times.

Several instances where Murhpy Law will apply to me:-
  • I was rushing for a meeting. Exit carpark and realise that I have left the documents needed for the meeting in the office. Went back to get the documents and try to hit the road, again. Suddenly, stuck in a bad jam because everyone in KL decides to hit the road at the same time. However, was not considered late due to some other members of the due diligence working being late coz' they were stuck at the same traffic jam. Lucky eh?
  • Once, I was already late to check-in for a flight to Brunei (don't get me started on why I was late to get my ass to the airport). I checked-in 45 minutes before departure. Since I was late, I was not allowed to check-in my luggage. So, I had to hand carry them all (one big suitcase, a handbag and a laptop. And for those who knows me, I don't travel light!). And of course the gate to the plane would have to be the furthest gate in the satellite terminal of KLIA (you guys know how taxing it is to get to the satellite terminal, let alone gate C31). Madly rush through immigration, took the train and literally ran towards gate C31, only to find out that the flight was delayed. Damn!
  • For some strange reason, whenever I want to go to my gym class on Saturday afternoons, all the Ampang people decides to leave for town. The best was what happened 2 Saturdays ago. Hootie went out to buy some groceries at about 11 am and came back about 12pm. I asked him if the roads were busy, and he said no. So I got ready for gym and left my apartment at about 12.30pm. And of course, the roads WERE BUSY! How can it be? Within the span of 1/2 hour, the people of Ampang has decided unanimously to hit the road towards KL. We managed to get to the ever faithful elevated highway and I thought to myself, I can still make it to class. To my horror, Jalan Sultan Ismail was also jam. Again, I thought to myself, since the class instructor is an old friend, he wouldn't mind me making a grand entrance. Due to a miracle, I did managed to get to the gym on time, but only to find out the class had been cancelled because the instructor was admitted to hospital. Again, damn!
  • This month, my car insurance and road tax need to be renewed. Now that I'm almost penniless (the car insurance and road tax has burned an additional RM1k hole to my pocket), the sliding door to the apartment decides to give way. Since I'm staying at my mother's apartment, I would have to fixed it before my mother decides to drop in unsuspectingly and nag me on why I have not fixed the stupid sliding door.

I have many more Murphy Law stories to tell. Nonetheless, I believe that things always happen for a reason, whether I realised it or not. As a saying goes, God works in mysterious ways.

4 comments:

PrettySweetBoy said...

huh… here you are bitching about a rotten week. No gumption left in this world…

I’ve had days like what you described.

Zed said...

Hi Lola... not so much bitching, just having my "moments"...Don't you just "love it" when everything happens at once?

Shopaholic_Sinful said...

hahahhaaa....

u're not alone dealiing with all this messs....

i have more in hands now with my current job.. i wish i can clone myself..

Shopaholic_Sinful said...

you are not alone to deal with all the mess...