Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Catching up with technology

I know, I know... Should have gotten a modem ages ago but hey, who's complaining?

Finally, I've gotten myself a laptop and a broadband connection (well, actually, I've gotten the laptop months ago, just never got round to getting myself connected). The intention is to enable myselft to stay connected to the world regardless where I am and blog more often (yeah right, we shall see!). Don't have to rely on limited office connection.

Well, things are looking rather rosy for Hootie. I'm slowly starting him on a soft solid diet such as porridge, jelly, baby food etc. He still can't move (ie bed ridden) but can move his right hand and right leg. He can drink water out of a cup now as well. He talks clearer and he definitely knows what he wants. However, most of the time we ask him to write what he wants.

Work wise, rather busy of late. Like I said before, when it rains, it pours. The manager at Kenanga is really taking advantge of my last few days there. I have to circulars to issue before I leave my mark in the investment banking world. Sad, but yes, my days are numbered. The worst part is, I have not left but already thinking of a come back. I guess, the blood of an investment banker is rather thick in me.

It has been a week or so of puasa but preparation this year is rather little. I mean, with Hootie's condition and all. But mummy deareast is kind enough to sew me a pair of baju kurung (and of course, material courtesy of mummy deareast as well). The Family is spending raya at the new pad and mummy dearest have also commanded that the rest of the Extended Family spend raya there as well (and by command I mean, she instructed everyone to come, no excuses).

Well, got to get back to work. Still have a few things to settle before I go, but it has never stopped me from leaving early before. Till then... Have a good Ramadhan ahead.

2 comments:

Shopaholic_Sinful said...

ur mom is so sweet... :)

i hope your hootie is getting better day by day....

u take a good care of yourself too dear

kuchai said...

syukur...glad to hear he is progressing positively. alah dear not just u i guess everyone is having a simple make-do yet the thought of being with everyone is the most important thing. enjoy your last moment being a makan gaji troop ehehhehe